Prev 6 of 6
Master's HCI Project: Viewconomy
About: Viewconomy is a visualization of the effect of automotive plant closures in Michigan. It depicts the change of economic conditions over a period of 5 years, details of each automotive plant and impact of plant shut down on surrounding areas.
Client: IRLEE CEAP
Objective: Enhance the client's decision making process by helping them visualize economic data of distressed communities through interactive maps.View prototype
- Interview stakeholders to understand the need and usage of the vizualization.
- Conduct research on the plant closures and it's impact on the economy. Gather data to be displayed in the maps.
- Based on the information gathered, several rounds of sketching and brainstorming were required to determine the best information representation techniques.
- Sketches and ideas were presented to the client and with the feedback received, the designs were converted to hi-fidelity prototypes.
- The visualization required many rounds of testing to ensure that the color scheme, interactions and data presentation were easy to undertsand and intuitive.